Registering for Athletics
Families should register on the Athletic Association website (https://www.avemariaaa.org/) for athletics at Ave Maria Academy. There are 4 steps to register:
- Register your Family on the website (use the "register" link at the top of the page)
- Add your family members
- Register student family members for sports
- Pay the associated athletic fees via the eCatholic payment system (you are not fully registered until the fees are paid)
Online Registration Help
The Registration Help walks you through the steps described above for online registration.
Paper Registration Form
If you cannot use the website, you can download and use a paper registration form (PDF, Word) - one for each athlete. Turn the paper form and your fees in at your school office.
Registration Fee Assistance
To take part in any sport in grades 1-8, the school office must have the child's current Physical/Medical Release (PDF) form. This does not apply to the "Little" sports.
- Girls Volleyball (4-8)*
- Cross Country (3-8)*
- Football (3-8)*
- Soccer (1-8)*
- Little Kickers (K-2)
- Girls Basketball (3-8)*
- Boys Basketball (3-8)*
- Cheer (3-8)*
- Little Dribblers (K-2)
- Little Peps (K-2)
- Boys Volleyball (5-8)*
- Track & Field (3-8)*
- Soccer (1-8)*
- Developmental Volleyball Coed (3-4)*
- Little Kickers(K-2)
- Little Runners (K-2)
* Indicates the team participates in a Diocese of Pittsburgh sanctioned sports league.
Each student-athlete must pay a fee to offset the costs of running the program (uniforms, referees, equipment, league fees, etc.).
|Families with one child in the program
- $50.00 (1st sport)
- $30.00 for each added sport
|Families with more than one child in the program
- First child - $50.00 (1st sport) and $30.00 for each additional sport
- Second child - $40.00 (1st sport) and $30.00 for each additional sport
- Third child or more - $30.00 (1st sport) and $30.00 for each additional sport
|Little Dribblers, Little Peps, Little Kickers (Fall), Little Runners (Fall), Little Kickers (Spring), Little Runners (Spring)
- $30.00 for each (These are separate fees and do not have family discounts)
The Athletic Association will not charge fees to students who take part in sports sponsored by other schools or organizations (i.e., Football, Golf). The sponsoring school or organization will manage the fees.
The Athletic Association will assess a fee of $75.00 for each athletic uniform not returned after the season.
Team Parents and Parent Volunteers Needed!
An AMA student's involvement in athletics requires parents or guardians to volunteer as needed - along with all other families participating in the athletic program. Volunteering includes working at home games collecting entrance fees, running concessions, selling raffles, etc.
Each team at the school also must have a volunteer to serve as Team Parent/Manager to coordinate all volunteer activities for the team.